Just Finished Through The Storm

I just finished Through The Storm, a couple of minutes ago. I can't really reflect yet, and I think I won't be able to, untill I've slept. LOL. All though I can say its amazing book and it makes me feel like I understand the Spears' family so well now. I already felt like I was close but with this book, I feel like I'm one of them. No, I'm not a strange stalker.

The thing that got me the most, was probably, the Sam Lutfi part. I think everyone who read the book can relate to that, since its the most talked about subject, in the whole book. Other than Jamie Lynne's pregancy, but that part wasn't frightening, that part didn't have to do with this psycho. But other than that part, I was also very surpised how interested I was in the first part of the book: the part not about Britney because she wasn't born yet. I remember reading -well of course I remember reading it, I finished the book in two days - that Lynne was at one point so fed up with Jamie's drinking behavior, she just got her gun, and shot his beer and wine. Wow. It's film material in my head.

I also remember reading about the first Rolling Stone cover. I knew her parents didn't agree with that cover and all, but Lynne was coming out this position where it almost seemed like she hated that photographer for shooting her daughter half naked. It makes me wonder if she hates Joseph Khan now too. He has captured her daughter naked more than once, right? LOL of course, Britney's an adult now, not 17 anymore but still.. a mother can't be protective enough.

What also surpised me was the fact that Lynne is so religious. She must have mentioned God a couple of times in each chapter. I never knew. And last but not least, - for now - it also surprised me that Lynne always wanted for Britney to regain her "real" voice. Thank god there is still someone out there that wants the same. I know her voice now has made her into a superstar, but there's just something about that voice that sung "I don't care" and "Love can build a bridge" at Star Search when she was 10 yrs old. I love that voice and I'd like to see more of it.

Maybe it'd be an idea to write one song for Circus, with "that" voice, B? We'd all love that. Including your mother. He. *giggles*.

One thing I know is that, the things that should have been left private are left private. We know a lot of things. But not more than we should have. This book is not a tell-all, at all. It doesn't even come close to a tell-all. But we still got the answers we wanted, and I love Lynne for that. How much closer can you get to the source than Britney's mother telling the story? Of course, its her side of the story, but I'd like to think Britney, Jamie Lynn and her ex-husband and father of her children, Jamie, feel the same way. Think the same way. Otherwise, I think, this book would have never been released.

Thank you Lynne. <3. I might read it again. Actually, I see myself reading it again, in about five years, wondering how much things have changed and revolved. I love doing things like that.

Love,
Emily

0 replies: