The Conservatorship

Hi everyone - I thought it was time for me to open up about the conservatorship. Eventhough, I truly believe its non of my or your bussiness, I can't help to think about it. And since the issue is in my face anyway, I might just discuss it. I'm a hypocrite, sue me.

Let me start off with the fact that I think the conservatorship is a good thing. If it we'rent for the conservatorship, she would be in the gutter right now. And I don't even know if you can take that literally or figurally. I guess both. So, if you think by any chance, what I'm saying here is the fact that the Conservatorship is bad: don't get me wrong. It's good. I also don't judge from a perspective where I can know what Jamie Spears does, and what he doesn't do. If he really doesn't allow his daughter to call her friends, who knows. I sure don't know. But thats most likely bullshit. I don't know if Britney really isn't happy about the conservatorship. And I don't think she should tell anyone if she is or isn't.

I feel like compare Britney to an 18-year old. Or atleast I should be able to compare Britney to an 18-year old. Of course, there are a lot of differences, she's not a teenager growing up to be an alult anymore. She does have a fantastic financial status, while a teenager doesn't. I mean, they might have a Maloof as daddy, but that doesn't tell a lot about their own bank account and their achievements. Britney has children, and her father can't have a "as long as you live in my house" rule, because Jamie has lived in her house for a long time. But there are more obvious differences too; like the fact that she's obviously... very famous. But the truth is, that I'm comparing her to an 18-year old because she IS still under control of her parents, and that they can still tell her what to do.

18-year olds still have bounderies. They still have to come home on time, they have to clean their room, they have to make their homework, and so on. But if you are going to tell an 18-year old to go to bed at 8.30 PM, he's not going to agree. Of course, I've never seen a parent telling a 18-yr old to go to bed at that time, but I'm just saying. 18-year olds cannot be told everything anymore, because they're not 12 anymore. And if they act their age, they are able to do some decent things too. 18-year olds ARE able to make dinner, if not, they can go to the store and get dinner, they ARE able to take care of children. Maybe not the best, but they'll try and they'll try to do it well. They are able to clean the house, if not they are able to be teached. They have responsibilities, and they need to take care of them.

I believe, or feel, that Britney, at this point, can take care of her children, can cook dinner, and can clean the house. Only if she wants to, and she wants to. 18-year olds can too, if they want to. Don't ask a 12 year old to clean the house, they'll mess it up. I mean, they'll mess the cleaning up. I hope that they don't mess up the house even more.. haha. BUT eighteen year olds, CAN. If they want to, they can. And sometimes all they need is a push in the right direction.

I feel like, Britney only needs that push too. That little push in the right direction when everything goes bad. When the conservatorship just started, Jamie needed to hold her hands every single day. She didn't need anyone else, she needed Jamie. Because blood is thicker than water, we all know that. But time has passed by, and she's been doing so well. I am sure she will be fine without her father when she goes on tour. Other people will look after her. Would you leave your 18-year old child alone? Of course you would, most 18-year olds are ready to go to college. But would you leave your 18-year old alone to go to Europe on tour? Well, you woudn't. But thats when good assistants and managers step in.

Britney Spears is in a position where she needs help in crisis situations, but not when her children need a bath.

Love,
Emily

0 replies: